About Me

My photo
Hi, I m Dick Isenhart. The effects of global warming concerns me deeply. My wish is that my pictures will move you to help preserve our fragile world. "Be the change you want to see in the world." After years on shooting film I transitioned to digital and gave away all my old gear. I now use a Canon 80D. Before COVID, my wife and I took long camping trips each summer to photograph the national parks. We have adapted to taking several closer trips to State Parks. I enjoy the grand vistas of landscape photography. But Macro wildflowers and arboretum photography brings out my artistic side. I am available to mentor and give presentations. Please feel free to comment on any of my work. Like and Follow as you see fit. Let me know if you would like a print. My motto is to "Live life with integrity and a sense of humor". I have a good sense of humor and don't take life or myself too seriously. I hope that in time, my friends and family will say that I had laughed a lot and loudly and have lived my life with integrity.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Cuba Trip

I have been away from this Blogger for a year. Sue and I have just returned form Cuba and we will start posting pictures here.

The first 23 photos are my favorites from the Cuba trip.
 
A line of taxis waiting for passengers. Near the Capital in Havana
 

Taken on the Malacon in Havana. The yellow building is a restaurant. The center building is typical housing in Havana.



There were many Cuban flags flying as we were in Havana during the mourning period for Fidel.
 
 




The above pictures are some examples of the architectural design on buildings in Havana





 
The pictures above were taken in Gibara a town on the east coast of Cuba.
 

This picture was taken in the cemetery in Santiago de Cuba. Fidel is buried in this cemetery. 


 
This is an art shot taken by Sue during a walking tour of Havana with some students from
a photography school.
 
 
Street shot by Dick on the same walk.
 
 
 
We visited a ballet school on the same walk.
 
 
 

 
Early morning street shots with the Capital building in the distance.
 
 

 
Some more street shots from Havana
 
 

 
Dick's art shot in Gibara
 
 
Sunrise in Gibara
 
 

The pictures above were taken in Holguin.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your pictures very much. There are also many excellent ones in the "people" post. Thanks for putting these out there, Dick.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. Love the line of taxis and the colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete