About Me

My photo
Hi, I m Dick Isenhart. The effects of global warming concerns me deeply. My wish is that my pictures will move you to help preserve our fragile world. "Be the change you want to see in the world." After years on shooting film I transitioned to digital and gave away all my old gear. I now use a Canon 80D. Before COVID, my wife and I took long camping trips each summer to photograph the national parks. We have adapted to taking several closer trips to State Parks. I enjoy the grand vistas of landscape photography. But Macro wildflowers and arboretum photography brings out my artistic side. I am available to mentor and give presentations. Please feel free to comment on any of my work. Like and Follow as you see fit. Let me know if you would like a print. My motto is to "Live life with integrity and a sense of humor". I have a good sense of humor and don't take life or myself too seriously. I hope that in time, my friends and family will say that I had laughed a lot and loudly and have lived my life with integrity.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Critters - from small to large

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








































 















 
 
 
 
  



 
 
 


 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. A lot of these made me laugh and show your view of the world, especially the humanoid in the final shot holding up the catch of the day! I love all the butterflies and especially love the swimming snake, cooling prairie dogs, and the sleeping otter or whatever that sweet baby is, tucked in its mama's fur. Of course jellyfish... oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to view these from the personal "view of the world" and I guess you can say that I don't take life seriously and want to find the humor in it. Plus, bugs are my friend.

      I think the prairie dogs look best laying down. All the other shots I took of them sitting up just don't cut it. I like the rear-end view. A lot like my "view of the world".

      Delete
  2. Great jellyfish shots! Mine always are blurry. Sorry the tick is just wrong! Ewwwwwww. Love the butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jellyfish were shot auto focus Aperture priority at f/5.0 and 6.0 (I would like to get a little more DOF but I didn't want to go higher on ISO). I used ISO 3200 (3200 has a bit of noise that I can see on full res hence I cant print these large size). Using my kit zoom lens EF-S18-135mm at 22mm to 57mm was okay for hand hold at 1/80 or 1/100 sec (they weren't moving very fast).

      I wanted to shoot the tick on my arm but couldn't hold the camera at the same time. No one would volunteer to do it, not even for Art's sake.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic photos. Do you have info on the where and when of these shots? If so, they'd be great contributions to National Geographical Great Nature database. I would connect you with my daughter who works at NatGeo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a fun day to spend with your pics doing ID. Nice!!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time you want to get together we can make an afternoon of "identification". We'll bring tons of guides on birds, bugs, wild flowers, mushrooms, etc. (I'll bring wine and photos.)

      Delete